Thursday, November 02, 2006

Operation: Love from Home-1

For those of us who know Kathy Orr, this will not be news. However, you must also read what she has written. For those of you who do not know Kathy, she is a wonderful person who tries to reach-out to the communities to help them get involved with helping the troops.

She has a special project planned for this Christmas holiday, and it is a very popular and simple one. Please continue reading to find out what you can do. Thank you for all of your help for all of those who deserve our eternal thanks. God bless you all.

Update: Let's go people! You've been doing pretty good, but we still need 1,659 more cards. I know we can do this. Please, think about the men and women who gave you the freedom to do whatever it is you're doing. What is one little card? Now, let's move out!

Category: (Military) Family.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the continue reading link shows that the blog is not there any longer.

Please fix and/or give us an update on this one.

9/27/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much!

When I changed the date to make it 'sticky', I forgot to change the date inside the link! Again, thank you. :)

9/27/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Okay. Good to go, as they say. Thank you for your interest, and have a very wonderful day.

9/27/2006 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be sending some cards this season. You can also send care packages addressed to any sailor, soldier or marine or airman, but I have forgotten the FPO/APO address.

9/29/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Soldiers' Angels could help in that area. I generally go through them, but tell anyione. :)

9/29/2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Oops! Can you believe I'm an editor? I meant to say, "...but DON'T tell anyone." I forgot the 'don't' and added an 'i' in between a word that has no 'i'!

Oh well. I'm grateful that most of us have learned how to read 'comments'. :lol:

10/01/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

So far, i've got 1,341 towards my goal of 3,000 christmas cards! Got EXACTLY 4 weeks left to GIT-R-DONE, lol!!! :)

10/30/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Kat,
You are doing a wonderful job. This is not my only site. I have it up until Nov. 30 at Love America First, DoD Daily News and My Newz 'n Ideas also!

I will be writing another article to remind those who have gotten used to bypassing this one. You know what I mean, right? They know this is here, so they skip it! That's why I must remind them. lol.

Thank you so much for all you do. You certainly are an angel. :)

10/30/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

del.icio.us/rawsense2004 del.icio.us

<< Home