Tuesday, September 12, 2006

APEC calls for greater currency flexibility

Pacific Rim finance ministers address exchange rates and global imbalances; work towards reviving world trade talks.

The Asian economies have been holding their monies steady while at the same time they were ignoring the changes in the strength of same monies. This was an unfair trade business, and this is also one of the reasons we have such a deficit in trade matters. The USA has been after China to reestablish the actual rate of currency so as to be fair.
APEC, which says it accounts for about 47 percent of all world trade, believes its 21 economies can influence the Doha round of World Trade Organization talks that collapsed in July over disagreements on subsidies.
Oh really? If they create 46% of the wealth, why are they asking us for money? Hmm? Why is it the USA who always has to bend over so they can suck our monetary teat? [Read the whole article.]

Editor's Note: I am a proud American who supports my country. If my writings should reveal this, you should at least know why. I am not a global writer. I am an American. I write as an American, I live as an American, I see as an American.

If you would care to read what an American writes, you have come to the correct place. If you expect me to write without passion, you've come to the wrong place. I try to write factually through the eyes of an American. Not German, nor French, nor Chinese, nor Saudi Arabian. American all the way, and proud of it. Thank you, and have a nice day.

If that link does not work, try this one.

Category: Economics and Policies.