Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Message to Writers at Knickerbocker News

It appears your Editor has bitten off more than she can chew. I am now seeking the aid of one of you to take over this site. I will still contribute, but I cannot write everyday. As you may well be able to have noticed.

For the readers of this site, I am over at My Newz 'n Ideas. I also have other sites, which is the reason I am so overwhelmed.

I try to write professionally here and informally at my other sites. It is time consuming to say the least. Why don't you try this litte excercise? Try to write an article about anything. Anything at all. Now go back and read it. How many times have you injected yourself? Have you used any of these words: I, we, us, my or slang?

Now you are beginning to understand the hardship journalists face while writing their articles! That just scratches the surface. Now go back and take out your opinion as well! Just the facts, Ma'am. Just the facts.

I have loved this excercise. It has taught me much about writing and myself. I suggest someone should try this. It is also rewarding to see how much you actually grow. I will be around for any and all questions you have, so please feel free to e-mail me. Thank you.

Labels: